Re: [h-e-w] info path - I can add to it, but not use it

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] info path - I can add to it, but not use it
Date: 08 Dec 2001 19:28:59 -0600

On Saturday, December 08, "Michael R. Wolf" <address@hidden> wrote:
>How could I have figured that out myself?  I'd scoured the info node
>for Info a whole bunch.

>From Info->Advanced->Menus:

   The Info Directory is simply the menu of the node `(dir)Top'--that
is, node `Top' in file `.../info/dir'.  You can put new entries in that
menu just like any other menu.  The Info Directory is _not_ the same as
the file directory called `info'.  It happens that many of Info's files
live on that file directory, but they do not have to; and files on that
directory are not automatically listed in the Info Directory node.

Regards,
  David V.