Re: [h-e-w] makefile for Windows95

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] makefile for Windows95
Date: 05 Dec 2001 12:26:00 -0500

address@hidden (friedman_hill ernest j) writes:

> Check out the Cygwin environment, http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
> . It provides a complete set of UNIX tools -- make, of course, it
> included.  If you're using make, you'll probably want some other
> text-processing tools, no? Cygwin is great.

No? YESS!!

Like diff(1), grep(1), find(1) because some elisp assumes they're
there.  I *do* miss some parts about Unix.  Lots of 'em.  How did
Windows get marketed as an OS without some of these features?  I guess
that's a major difference in philosophy.

Operating System:
        1. noun (technical term) a system that operates
        2. noun (marketing term) smoke and mirrors to distract user
from knowing if the system is operating

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!