Re: [h-e-w] migrating Outlook Express to gnus

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] migrating Outlook Express to gnus
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:56:24 -0500

At 05:29 AM 12/03/2001, you wrote:
>If you configure both OE and Emacs to utilize POP3, you can set (OE:
>Tools -> Accounts -> <Account> -> Properties -> Advanced -> Delivery)
>to leave a copy of the message on the server, and to delete after N
>days (I use N betwen 1 and 4 typically - this will depend on your own
>habits). For the time of the switchover, you can then ensure that you
>are happy with your configuration. This may achieve your coexistence
>objective?

I don't think Gnus has this option.

There is a package called epop3-mail which can be configured to do this with Gnus, but it's scantily documented (the package was written for rmail), and somewhat tricky to configure correctly. It also includes epop3-manage-mailbox, which lets you list the messages on your POP server and selectively delete them.

-pd

--------
                                Peter Davis
                 Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
                 "The artwork formerly shown as prints."
           Resources for children's writers and illustrators
                   http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html