Re: [h-e-w] Mouse-2

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Mouse-2
Date: 29 Nov 2001 21:36:42 -0600

On Thursday, November 29, "Stephen (Montsaroff)
Saroff" <address@hidden> wondered:
>I have two button mouse and am used to having (on X
>emulators) a joint press equal Mouse-2

>Is there a way of making Emacs recognize this?

As far as I know, there is no way internal to emacs.
However, I have installed the Logitech mouse drivers
(under Windows 98), and a joint press does come
through as mouse-2 with those drivers (though I have
also switched mouse-2 and mouse-3 in emacs, so it is
mouse-3 for me).  (If I recall correctly, the feature
was not supported by the MicroSoft mouse drivers.)

(I originally installed the Logitech drivers because I
have a couple of cheap serial 3-button mice for which
the middle button worked on neither.  I was hoping the
Logitech drivers would support all three buttons on
one or both.  No joy!  But the Logitech drivers had a
number of nifty features, so I never went back to the
MS drivers.)

Regards,
  David V.