Re: [h-e-w] Firewalls and smtpmail

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Firewalls and smtpmail
Date: 18 Nov 2001 14:09:26 -0600

On Sunday, November 18, "Jerry van Dijk" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Uday Reddy writes:
> > I am wondering if other people have had similar
> > problems, and if they found firewalls that
> > cooperate well with Emacs packages.

>I use Zonealarm, works fine.

I use ZoneAlarm also.  However, w3 does not work
correctly if I run it with ZoneAlarm's Internet
Security set at "High".  I have to use "Medium".
emacs is not the only 'application' with which I
experience this.  (Others: AudioGalaxy client, Sam
Spade tools.)  Even at "High" though, I can access my
SMTP server from emacs - if I have told ZoneAlarm
about it (on the "Advanced" Local Zone Properties
list).

Regards,
  David V.