Re: [h-e-w] Why upgrates to 21.1

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Why upgrates to 21.1
Date: 10 Nov 2001 11:53:31 +0000

Yunbiao Wang <address@hidden> writes:

> Can anyone tell me why I need to update to version
> 21.1? Can I access the native window printer to print
> from NTEMACS? Is it more easier to display and print
> other language such as chinese? Since making the emacs
> working is not an easy job, I really want to find a
> good reason to update.

There are some known problems with displaying Chinese in Emacs 21.1.
So if you do not want to spend a lot of effort working around these
problems, it might be better to wait for 21.2, where hopefully Chinese
will display perfectly out of the box.

Printing has not changed much, so if you have difficulty printing
from Emacs 20.7, you will have the same difficulty printing from Emacs
21.1.

--
Jason Rumney