[h-e-w] Flyspell with Emacs 21.1: need to copy english.hash to american.

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [h-e-w] Flyspell with Emacs 21.1: need to copy english.hash to american.h ash
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:37:49 -0500

With my new Emacs 21.1, when I tried to toggle flyspell-mode active,
the minibuffer reported:

  Starting new Ispell process...

Then error bell rang and this appeared:

  cond: Can't open D:\WINNT\Profiles\rayz.000\/american.hash^M^M

Ispell itself seemed okay, since I could run ispell-buffer without any
error condition.

I had these two files in my home directory: .ispell_english &
english.hash .  When I copied english.hash to american.hash, flyspell
seemed to work okay.

Has anyone else noticed this?