Re: [h-e-w] Using Emacs for email

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Using Emacs for email
Date: 06 Nov 2001 14:31:50 -0800

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, address@hidden wrote:

> MUA is in fact Mail User Agent which is the user's mail
> program.  MTA is the Mail Transfer Agent which is the SMTP
> server.  The MUA would in these cases be either VM, RMAIL,
> Gnus, MH-E, etc.  Outlook, Eudora, Netscape are also MUAs.
>
> The MUA is not Emacs for the same reason that Windows is a
> not a MUA..

Okay.  I haven't ever needed to know what my MUA was.  Other than
being able to answer this, "which MUA" question, I'm not sure how
much it matters.

I am using Gnus within Emacs.  What MUA?  There seem to be
conflicting answers.

If the above is the correct answer, then the "What MUA?" question
by Jeff had already been answered in that previous post.  But of
course, it seems then, that Alec's question would be a bit
incorrect as well.  Argghh...  Going round in circles.

`----

--
Galen deForest Boyer