[h-e-w] Using Emacs for email

From: Alec Clews
Subject: [h-e-w] Using Emacs for email
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:39:48 +1100

G'Day,

I have some questions relating to using email and emacs. I am thinking of moving to emacs as my sole MUA, but I have some questions first.

Background: I have two email accounts. Our office system uses MS Exchange which I access using POP3 and SMTP, I also have an account with Yahoo that also uses POP3 and SMTP. I get sent lots of MS Office attachments with my mail and of course HTML email. I also dual boot, W2K and Linux, buat all these questions relate to W2K. I have cygwin installed

My questions are these:

0) Which documents are helpful to read about configuring emacs email

1) Should I use fetchmail to get my POP3 email rather than emacs?

2) Can I sort my email into a different folder depending on the server it came from? (may depend on answer to 1 guess)

3) Can I select which SMTP server I want to use when I send email? (and also chose my .sig file)

4) Does anyone have any updates to the instructions in the NT Emacs FAQ? They did not work when I tried them (if no one has any extra information handy I will post more details of my problems and ask for help).

Many thanks

--
Alec Clews, <address@hidden>,      Melbourne, Australia
Fax   +61-(3)8621-6920    http://www.geocities.com/alecclews/