[h-e-w] Shell mode problems under 21.1

From: Charles Curley
Subject: [h-e-w] Shell mode problems under 21.1
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 11:38:06 -0700

I brought in Ted Jump's 21.1 package and installed it on W98. I'd like
to get cygwin BASH running under it.

If I run emacs from bash, it runs when I "M-x shell-mode", but does
not execute .bash_profile or .bashrc even though it starts in the
correct home directory.

If I launch emacs from the desktop, when I "M-x shell-mode", it does
not execute .bash_profile but does run .bashrc.

My W98 path does no include the Cygwin binaries unless I run bash from
the desktop.

Suggestions?

--

                -- C^2

The world's most effective anti-virus software: Linux.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley