Re: [h-e-w] help-echo

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] help-echo
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:17:20 -0500 (EST)

Thank you for looking at this.

Beginning with 21.0.105 moving the cursor away from the filename in
dired restored the warning message.  In 104 the message was
permanently gone.  I used 105 for several weeks and found that I was
and am frustrated by not seeing the minibuffer message without moving
the cursor.

In dired, and in some other buffers, the help-echo message is a
constant.  There is no value to seeing it displayed above the value
from having the keywords change color.  So I really want to disable
the help-echo.

Other echo instances, for example the mode-line echo, are not constants,
but vary depending where in the mode-line the cursor is sitting.

Rich