[h-e-w] Using both bash and cmd shells under emacs - solution

From: David Starks-Browning
Subject: [h-e-w] Using both bash and cmd shells under emacs - solution
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:55:33 +0100

On Thursday 11 Oct 01, Underwood, Jonathan writes:
> Hi
>
> After much playing about, the following is the new stuff i've lfigured out
> about using both bash and cmd under emacs 20.7.3. I'm posting this because
> it may be of use to someone someday, maybe, possibly. Apologies if this is
> trivial and spammy to anyone, but i looked extensively thru' the archives
> and failed to find the information i needed.
>
> Two parts - relevant part of .emacs startup file, and after that, a couple
> of things from .bashrc of relevance. Have attempted to provide some notes on
> what's going on.

Jonathan,

There's lots of interesting stuff here, assuming it works as you
expect.  (I haven't tested any of it.)  Just a couple of comments:

1.  Have you put any effort into getting Cygwin's latex (tetex, I
    think) to work?  Presumably then, you wouldn't need miktex.

2.  If you're not happy maintaining two command shells, but still must
    use miktex, you might be able to write a shell script to invoke
    miktex from bash.  (However, I don't know *why* bash can't invoke
    miktex for you, so maybe a script won't help you either...)

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)