[h-e-w] Hungarian Removal mode

From: Bill Pringlemeir
Subject: [h-e-w] Hungarian Removal mode
Date: 12 Oct 2001 22:38:45 -0400

Does a minor c-mode/c++-mode exist that will remove Hungarian warts
from view?  I would think that the variable parsing code in font lock
could look for "[clubsipz]*[A-Z]" and remove the wart from sight.  Has
this been done?  Is this madness [not the fact I don't like Hungarian
notation]?

I think the concept might be useful in other cases.  For example
module prefixes in `C' code, who's existence is only to provide unique
names for a linker and usually don't contribute to programmer
understanding of source.

regards,
Bill Pringlemeir.