[h-e-w] Slow scroll speed in emacs 21?

From: Deep Blue
Subject: [h-e-w] Slow scroll speed in emacs 21?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:32:46 -0700

I know we're not supposed to have it, but I was trying pretest 21.0.105.1 on Win2k. Unfortunately I can't tolerate using it because the the scroll speed is quite slow, especially when using the mouse wheel. I'm using the obj-spd version of emacs.exe.

It's slow in most font-locked buffers, and easy to repro. One easy repro is to do an "ls" through eshell a couple of times in a directory with ~200 files and then try to scroll up using the wheel. There are only about 200 lines, and only a little syntax highlighting, but there's a definite lag in scrolling (on a PIII).

Is this a a known issue?