Re: [h-e-w] problem with other frame

From: Matt McClure
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] problem with other frame
Date: 17 Sep 2001 14:03:34 -0400

On Mon Sep 17 2001, 13:11, "ste" <address@hidden> wrote:

> thank,
> now works correctly and is also possible to set as parameter "background
> color". Two related problems
> 1) Why now "(w32-send-sys-command ?\xf030)" in my .emacs not work ? The
> problem is the order of execution ?

It seems emacs sets the size of the frame fairly late, well after
reading .emacs.  So you'll probably have to put the above in a hook.
I'm not sure which one though.

> 2) It is possible to set "(w32-send-sys-command ?\xf030)" only for the first
> frame ?

Perhaps.  If you can find an apropriate hook.  I tried

    (defun maximize-frame (frame)
      (w32-send-sys-command ?\xf030))

    (setq after-make-frame-functions 'maximize-frame)

But it seems maximize-frame isn't getting called on the initial frame.

> 3) And the biggest problem: i not find the documentation for
> default-frame-alist.

C-h v default-frame-alist RET

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/

    "I don't believe in rivalries.  I don't believe in curses.  Wake
     up the damn Bambino, maybe I'll drill him in the (behind)."
        -Pedro Martinez