help-debbugs

Re: Control server responses do not detail errors

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Control server responses do not detail errors
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:52:37 -0800

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Feb 23 2024, Michael Albinus wrote:

>> Unknown command or malformed arguments to command.
>> Failed to clear fixed versions and reopen on 43166: can't find location for
>> 43166.

Thanks for taking a look! I understand those two error.

>> Ignoring request to reassign bug #39924 to the same package
>> Ignoring request to reassign bug #39924 to the same package

But why those two, please? I see six other, similar messages that are
not counted in the total. Could third error instead be from this
message?

  Bug 43166 cannot be archived

The fourth one, I think, got swallowed. The command

  unarchive 68680

did not complete because the bug had not yet been archived. That was
probably counted as an error. What do you think, please?

Also, would it make sense to preface the lines causing errors with
a marker like [ERROR]?

Furthermore, is it possible to reassign bugs in debbugs.el by marking
them, and then acting upon them? Thanks!

Kind regards
Felix