help-debbugs

Re: Migrating to the latest Debbugs version

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Migrating to the latest Debbugs version
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:06:39 -0800

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 16 2024, Michael Albinus wrote:

> Is this VM planned to run in the gnu.org domain?

Ideally yes, It's up to this group to decide.

> debbugs.gn.org does, with all the advantagesof being administrated by
> the FSF sysadmins, like being responsible for OS updates, reboot if
> the machine hangs, being responsible for backups and alike. I believe
> we must still use the sysadmins services.

I am not sure there is an Ansible plugin that can update GNU Guix. Some
FSF admins are unhappy about my choice of OS. Maybe my update won't
happen, after all. We'll see.

> debbugs.gnu.org runs "Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)", and
> debbugs2p.gnu.org runs "Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)". An upgrade for
> the latter is required, I guess.

Someone else would have to do that.

> Perhaps you can be in touch with Bob Proulx. He's not happy with exim,
> and likely, he's willing to support a modernization here. And he has
> also performed many other sysadmin tasks.

Exim is lousy. I tried it for two weeks after Postfix and then settled
on OpenSMTPd. That's a lovely MTA with a super short configuration. Here
is mine. [1]

Kind regards
Felix

[1]