help-debbugs

Re: controlling how long before archiving?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: controlling how long before archiving?
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 12:17:57 +0100

Karl Berry <karl@freefriends.org> writes:

Hi Karl,

> Is it possible to control how long debbugs will wait before archiving a
> bug? For a particular list, not in general.
>
> For my use, I find it would be useful to wait longer before
> archiving. It is irritating to have to unarchive something that is only
> a couple of months old. --thanks, karl.

It is a global config variable, see /etc/debbugs/config:

$gRemoveAge = 28;   # days after closed bugs are cleaned out

And in /usr/share/perl5/Debbugs/Config.pm, there is

=item remove_age
Age at which bugs are archived/removed

Default: 28
=cut

set_default(\%config,'remove_age',28);

So it can be changed from 28 to anything else. But only globally, not
for a particular list.

Best regards, Michael.