help-debbugs

Re: Single vs multiple X-Debbugs-CC headers

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Single vs multiple X-Debbugs-CC headers
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 20:42:43 -0400

Hi Michael,

> Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Maxim,
>
>> I'd like to know if GNU Debbugs is supposed to handle multiple
>> X-Debbugs-CC headers, or if it rather expects that a single one exists?
>>
>> Reading the 'process' script at
>> https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/-/blob/gnu-reconstruction/scripts/process#L171
>> I understand that the value of the last such header encountered would
>> prevail, but my Perl literacy is not great.
>
> My Perl foo is also rusty, but I believe you are right.

Thanks for confirming :-).

Paul has contributed some change that would have multiple X-Debbugs-CC
headers honored, which is in review [0].  If it ends up merged into
Debian's Debbugs, it could be nice to have our GNU Debbugs instance
synced with a current Debbugs version including the change.

I'm not sure what's the status of this endeavour, but Noam's excellent
initiative to make the GNU Debbugs copy available in a public repository
and rebase it to upstream seems to have been last updated in 2019 [1].

[0]  https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/debbugs/-/merge_requests/18
[1]  https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/-/commits/rebase-to-upstream

--
Thanks,