help-debbugs

debbugs spamd SIGKILL ?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: debbugs spamd SIGKILL ?
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 12:08:16 -0600

I found mail to debbugs is getting delayed.  At this moment mail has
been backlogged for about 3h45m or so.

    host debbugs.gnu.org[209.51.188.43] said: 451 Temporary local problem -
please try later (in reply to end of DATA command)

I look and find that spamd has been killed with this status.

    Jul 18 10:03:26 debbugs.gnu.org systemd[1]: spamassassin.service: main
process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL

Hmm...  SIGKILL seems like an explicit action, not a program bug.  But
I don't see anyone logged in for a while.  "last" shows only me just
now.  With others much longer ago beyond any reasonable horizon of
explicit human action today.

It seems unusual to be a kill -9 rather than a program bug fault or
something.  I just don't know.

I started spamd back up again.  And with spamd running mail to it is
flowing again.

Bob