help-debbugs

Re: Processed: control message for bug #33200

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: Processed: control message for bug #33200
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 02:27:01 +0100

Hi (and sorry I was a little busy the previous days),

On 2018/11/02 at 10:34, Michael Albinus wrote:
> "Garreau, Alexandre" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> PS: If you plan to contribute more than trivial patches to Emacs and GNU
>>> ELPA packages, you should consider to sign the FSF legal papers. Ping
>>> me, if you are interested in.
>>
>> It is <address@hidden> I should mail right? I didn’t find it in emacs
>> manual (only in org website), where is the canonical place citing it and
>> giving instructions (or, in the case or emacs, do just the developers
>> like you manually ask about it each time when needed?)?
>
> Yes, <address@hidden>. The procedure is described at
> <https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Copyright-Papers>. The
> form you need to send there is
> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future>

Sorry I’m not sure about certain things…

> Please email the following information to address@hidden, and we
> will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Is that email only to send such form or can questions be asked about it?
So is it okay to ask you, *should* I ask you instead of address@hidden,
could I ask address@hidden, and/or should I ask address@hidden  To save time if
appliable tell me to resend that to <address@hidden> and I’ll do.

> Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
> line of the message.

Is it the full legal name, or the ascii full name, because if there are
characters which aren’t ascii, removing, replacing or even maybe
translitterating (especially if changing pronounciation) them may make
that name not legal anymore.

Btw is full legal name including only first and last name, because then
I don’t have any, but if it includes the second name it does.

> [Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
> Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

If it’s a patch, does the context which wasn’t written by me matter? how
should I better find their authors (not knowing git very well)?

> [Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
> your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

I guess before bachelor/when undergraduate (before the diploma you
usually get at 18yo+3, at least in europe), university couldn’t count?

> [For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

If there are several ? otherwise shouldn’t « country » be written

> [Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
> so far?]

I only tried to submit patches, none was accepted / reviewed yet afaik,
so do that count as nothing or as something? if so which ones?

Btw, do the brackets appeal for replacement with the answer, instead of
appending (this is not explicit)?