help-cgicc

[help-cgicc] Hello && HTTP response architectural question

From: Saint-Genest Gwenael
Subject: [help-cgicc] Hello && HTTP response architectural question
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:55:00 +0100

Hi !

    I'n new on this mailing list. I have a project for which i
need long time for data processing, and an HTTP link to send
results. After some tests on "modern" web framework and langages,
i plan to go back to a more system-oriented approach. For the
HTTP layer, i've look existing projects and, finlly, i've found
cgicc that i want to evaluate.

 * Output buffering ?

    In most of the cgicc examples i've seen, result is compute
and sent to stdout based on a continuous and ordered data flow.
In my case (and, i think, for some other applications) it is
difficult to do that because, sometinmes, i need to add extra
informations to headers (for example CORS).

    Proposal: instead of dealing directly with output, it should
be possible to create a HTTPResponse() that hold headers and
content, and "flush" it at the end of the script.

Best regards,

G. Saint-Genest