help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] n00b question

From: Boggess, Rod
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] n00b question
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:06:45 -0400

Thanks. I don’t see anything in here that indicates it subjugates the standard main function in C++. In fact, it says to create a main function. So that’s great. (cgic makes you use cgimain which it calls from within its own main function, and it assumes you’ll be doing HTML forms processing. I’m glad to see these guys left control in the hands of the programmer – makes it more versatile.)

I haven’t looked through which classes are used for what yet, but I can get that pretty quickly, I think.

Have you tried linking this in with Visual Studio? Windows tools are typically – peculiar in their support of ANSI standards. I didn’t see anything in there about how to make it work in Visual Studio. I’m seeing some stuff on google about linking to  a static library, rather than dynamic, but I’m also seeing issues with using the included windows project file in the newer visual studio. Without it, there appears to be issues with setting up the environment. Curios that there isn’t any link here on setting this up to work on IIS, Windows, Visual Studio. It looks like it’s going to be hit-or-miss in that regard.