help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] debugging suggestions

From: Allan Wind
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] debugging suggestions
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:59:19 -0400

On 2008-08-22T08:09:30, Jay Sprenkle wrote:
> I'm developing a cgicc fastcgi application. I can serve regular html
> pages just fine but when I try to do AJAX stuff it blows chunks
> (that's a technical term). I'm using IIS with the fastcgi dll for
> testing. My code is simple. I create a new httpresponse header and
> populate it with '204' and 'No Content'. I send it and a text/plain
> header. It looks like it matches the http 1.0
> spec but I keep getting 500 errors from IIS. Any suggestions?

You are giving enough context for anyone to help you.

If you have something working A, and something that is not working B,
one basic troubleshooting technique is to iteratively change the former
into the latter.  Test after each change to narrow down what is
breaking.  I have not used IIS, but with Apache I would look in the
errors logs so what is going on.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind