help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] Replacing an html page

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] Replacing an html page
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:39:35 -0500

The only way to get a browser to replace a currently loaded page is via javascript.

Research the innerHTML property and/or the DOM. Using javascript you can replace entire sections of a page without a complete reload. You can also reload a page completely to "replace" it.

Scott Dallas wrote:
I'm not sure how to ask this question, so forgive me if I am less than succinct. I am producing a page, then my program does some work, then I need to replace the page. The way my current code is working, its just adding the new html to the end of the current document. How do I replace the page rather than adding to it? Any help appreciated.
Scott Dallas
Science, like nature, must also be tamed,
with a view towards it's preservation.