help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] Cookie age

From: Alexander J. Oss
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] Cookie age
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:09:28 -0400

>From RFC 2965:
---
Max-Age=value
OPTIONAL. The value of the Max-Age attribute is delta-seconds, the lifetime
of the cookie in seconds, a decimal non-negative integer. To handle cached
cookies correctly, a client SHOULD calculate the age of the cookie according
to the age calculation rules in the HTTP/1.1 specification [RFC2616]. When
the age is greater than delta-seconds seconds, the client SHOULD discard the
cookie. A value of zero means the cookie SHOULD be discarded immediately.
---

Presumably from when the client receives and stores the cookie.