help-cgicc

[help-cgicc] help on cgicc 3.2.1 build for windows

From: Hai Xu
Subject: [help-cgicc] help on cgicc 3.2.1 build for windows
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:50:00 -0400

Hi,

I downloaded cgicc 3.2.1 into my PC (windows 2000).
the directory tree is:

CGICC_Projects

 -------   cgicc

 -------   demo

 -------   example

cgicc.dsw, cgicc.dsp, and all .cpp and .h for cgicc.dll build are in cgicc directory .
cookie, dns, test and upload source codes are all in demo directory.
example is in example directory.

then I used Visual C++ 6.0 (SP5) to build cgicc.dll and samples that are
cookie.exe, dns.exe, example.exe, test.exe and upload.exe

all binaries were built successfully, but

cgicc.dll build has no error and warning;
all samples build have kind of warnings like:

..\cgicc/HTMLElement.h(373) : warning C4251: 'fData' : class 'std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'cgicc::HTMLElement'

building upload.exe gives 38 this kind of warnings, which is all related to
STDNS string declaration.

OK, now I try those samples, all of them give error on html page like:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Now, I think it's because I did not copy cgicc.dll in accessible path say,
c:\winnt\system32
then I copied it to c:\winnt\system32
now, an error box popped up that says:

upload.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x1000fc3e.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

So, I think those warnings do matter because when the cgi programs call functions from DLL and std::basic_string needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of ....

Now, questions

1. Did I build cgicc in right way ?
2. How do I remove those warnings ?
3. Where can I download a cgicc source package for win build ?
4. Generally, what did I do wrong ? and how do I build it correctly ?

Thanks

Hai