help-cgicc

[help-cgicc] strange errors on Solaris 2.6

From: Dr Andreas F Muller
Subject: [help-cgicc] strange errors on Solaris 2.6
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 01:24:57 +0200

Hello everyone,

I tried to install cgicc-3.2.1 in Solaris 2.6  with  the  default
prefix /usr, but the result was somewhat disapointing: g++ 2.95.3
spat out long lists of error messages, templates having C linkage
or  similar. Even for the simplest program using Cgicc. Strangely
enough,     it      did      work      when      I      specified
-I<path/where/I/had/compiled/cgicc-3.2.1>.

I  then  removed  everything  and  reinstalled  with  prefix   --
prefix=/usr/local.   Now  everything  works  fine.  Does  anybody
understand g++ on Solaris well enough to explain  why  this  hap-
pens?

Mit herzlichem Gruss

                                        Andreas Mueller

Dr. Andreas Mueller                 Beratung und Entwicklung
Bubental 53, CH - 8852 Altendorf            <address@hidden>
Voice: +41 55 462 1483             Fax/Data: +41 55 462 1485