help-cgicc

[help-cgicc] Re: Problems compiling cgicc with bcb5

From: Alexander J. Oss
Subject: [help-cgicc] Re: Problems compiling cgicc with bcb5
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:57:38 -0400

Oumar--

Here's a message I wrote to this list back in February.  Unfortunately (for
us), the problem is not in cgicc.
----
I'm trying to compile cgicc with Borland C++Builder 5, and I thought I
should mention a warning I'm getting on two lines in Cgicc.cpp:

'pos' is assigned a value that is never used

is generated for lines 378 and 403.  In both cases, I think, it is the
unused initialization to zero that the compiler is warning us about.  For
line 403, the declaration of the variable can be moved inside the
while(true) loop.

(It also looks like there's a compiler bug; the use of DBL_MAX in BCB 5
looks like it's broken, as it requires std::DBL_MAX, which shouldn't be the
case.  But hopefully they've fixed that in the new BCB 6.)