help-cgicc

Re: help with login prompt and session ID

From: Maan Hamze
Subject: Re: help with login prompt and session ID
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:52:38 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "tom booster" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 2:46 PM
Subject: help with login prompt and session ID

>I would like to prompt visitor's to enter their
>password to my school page

Use a database table along with a way to communicate with the table using
ODBC in C++.  You can validate logins, delete, create and update accounts
this way.

>I would also like to establish session id's (it
>doesn't matter if I use cookies)

do you mean to keep track of one session?  Or to know preferences in a
future session?
To keep track on one session use Hidden Fields.  It is the value of the name
of the hidden field that tells you what goes on in a particular session.
That is how I do it personally.
One way to approach is to associate conditional statements with values of
hidden fields.  these fields are generated as part of html pages and depends
on what you want to do.
As for cookies, I have never used them.  I know you can get a cookie using
cgicc.  can you create one using cgicc?  I do not know, maybe someone else
can answer you on this one.
Maan