help-cgicc

RE: run ./configure

From: Stephen F. Booth
Subject: RE: run ./configure
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:21:59 -0500

> I have some problems to run ./configure.
> I work with Unix, with csh.
>
> In fact, the environnement variable for my C++
> compiler seems to not be assigned
> I don't no which one I have to assign... Can you help
> me, maybe by saying me which variable I have to set...

You can set the variables CC and CXX to the names of your C and C++
compilers, respectively, if the defaults don't work.  For example, if c++ is
a native compiler but g++ is the GNU C++ compiler and you want to use g++:

CXX=g++ ./configure [args]

Otherwise, can you send the output of c++ --version?

-Stephen