help-bison

Re: Problem linking the Class++ example with Conan and CMake

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Problem linking the Class++ example with Conan and CMake
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 07:20:31 +0200

Hi Wouter!

> Le 2 juil. 2019 à 09:00, Wouter Beek <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
> Hi Akim,
>
>> Well, your instruction to clone and compile are obsolete, the project,
>> I guess, has changed name.
>
> I'm taking a step back from my original attempt to build Calc++,
> trying the Simple C++ example first.

Good idea.  It is self contained, it should be much easier.

>  This one works now:
> <https://github.com/wouterbeek/conan-cmake-bison-simplepp>.  I have
> not found a Wndows machine yet to test this on, but will be on the
> lookout for one and communicate the result here.

This is great!

> The next step is to do the Calc++ example:
> <https://github.com/wouterbeek/conan-cmake-bison-calcpp>.  But I'm
> awaiting feedback from the BinCrafters community before that one is
> fully functional:
> <https://github.com/bincrafters/community/issues/852>.

It seems the answer your were expecting has finally arrived (by madebr).

>>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>> See also "/tmp/conan-cmake-bison-flex/Debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>
> ^ This looks like an error in cmake-conan.  Could you try commenting
> out the following lines in `CMakeLists.txt` and run `conan install ..
> --build missing` from the command line prior to running `cmake ..
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug`:
>
> ```
> if(NOT EXISTS "${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/conan.cmake")
>  file(DOWNLOAD
>    "https://github.com/conan-io/cmake-conan/raw/v0.14/conan.cmake";
>    "${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/conan.cmake")
> endif()
> include(${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/conan.cmake)
> conan_cmake_run(CONANFILE conanfile.py
>                BASIC_SETUP CMAKE_TARGETS
>                BUILD missing)
> ```
>
> If that fixes your error this may be interesting for the cmake-conan
> project to know about: https://github.com/conan-io/cmake-conan

It did work this time.

> Good that you're on macOS BTW, that allows us to properly test the
> Conan/CMake cross-platform claim :-)

Yup.  I also just discovered that Travis can also provide Windows
build, I'll see if I can use it for Bison.

>>> PS: The Calc++ example seems to be partially missing from Git master.
>>> Is this intentional?
>>
>> Yes, it is extracted from the documentation.  You should start from a
>> tarball to get the full example.
>
> Thanks, I've downloaded the latest tarball and extracted the exact
> example source files.

If you want the latest version, you can run "make distdir" to generate
the distribution, or "make check" and then find the files in the build
and source trees of examples/.

Cheers!