help-bash

Re: input characters echoing is broken

From: Chet Ramey
Subject: Re: input characters echoing is broken
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 09:43:56 -0500

On 2/16/24 9:27 AM, Rubén Gonzalez wrote:
Hello

I am a maintainer of Fluster, an open-source testing framework for video
decoder conformance.

After researching a bug reported [1], we could create a simple Python
script that breaks bash input characters echoing.

The Python script is in the GitHub issues. As I can not reproduce the issue
with other shells, I imagine it is related to bash. Can you help me with
the next steps to check? Or ideas to research?

The usual cause of something like this is the command that runs (ffmpeg)
changing the terminal settings, then exiting successfully so bash doesn't
restore them.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet@case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/