help-bash

Re: Detecting an opening { and a closing } in a variable

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Detecting an opening { and a closing } in a variable
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 22:29:38 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Tuesday, May 31st, 2022 at 10:04 AM, Lawrence Velázquez <vq@larryv.me> wrote:

> On Mon, May 30, 2022, at 5:49 PM, goncholden wrote:
>
> > Using progl, I got
> >
> > incl: typog
> > ext: typog
> > isufx: --include=.org --include=.texi --include=*.tex
>

> This output doesn't follow from the code you just showed, which
> says nothing about "org", "texi", or "tex". Please don't selectively
> slice and dice your "sample" code and "sample" output.

I just copied some tests I was doing, forgetting to be consistent with previous
messages.  In reality, I do not limit myself to programming languages only, but
have a set of file types collections users might want to use.

> > So, in actual fact, one gets an include declaration for each file type.
>

> Is that not what you want?

Yes, but did not realise that the --include in grep simply puts separate
--include declarations for each file type.  Now I understands things very well.
 Thanks.