help-bash

Customize bash prompt

From: Yigit Akoymak
Subject: Customize bash prompt
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 14:25:44 +0300

*Greetings,*

I just installed a GNU/linux distro,Guix, in my virtualbox without X server so there is only bash promt available , however I can't understand how I can change color of the bash prompt for exmaple I want $ sign to be green ,other text to red and background to blue.Also I read the Bash refence manual at gnu.org no luck and surfed in forums on the web that have diffrent aproache so it confused me a lot |¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯.I would be very happy if you forward me the documenatation or tutorial to me.|