help-bash

Re: [Help-bash] Asking about feature: repeat last autocompletion.

From: Andy Chu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Asking about feature: repeat last autocompletion.
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 10:39:53 -0700

Have you tried history substitution?

$ echo 'a b' 'c d' 'e f'
a b c d e f

Retrieve a numbered word from the last command line:

$ echo !!:2 !!:1
echo 'c d' 'a b'
c d a b

https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Word-Designators.html#Word-Designators

Although I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if there were issue
relating to picking the correct word out and accounting for Unicode...

Andy