health

Re: [Health] No web access to server when installation finished.

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] No web access to server when installation finished.
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 14:58:25 +0000

Dear Juan, Prakhar
On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 12:49:15 +0530
Prakhar Bansal <bansal.prakhar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Juan,
>

> > Installation process seems to be successful: gnuhealth service
> > starts without errors at system startup and I can access it using
> > the desktop python v 4.2.0 client. (only admin user), even from an
> > external machine. However, I can't get web access through port
> > 8000, neither locally nor remote access: browser always gets a
> > "*405. method not allowed*" error. I can see past mailman list
> > messages about a SAO client used in older versions but no reference
> > to it in wikibook o installed docs whith this version of software.
> > I'm not really sure if this way is the right way to get web access
> > to my gnuhealth server.
>
> Yes this is the right way. Since, GNUHealth 4.2 is based on Tryton 6.0
> (ref:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2023-02/msg00002.html),
> you should use SAO 6.0 to connect to the web interface (
> https://hg.tryton.org/sao).
>
> PS: English is not the first language for many of us (including me),
> and we are more of technical guys than content creators ;)

You can find the steps for installing the web server (Tryton SAO) for
GNU Health on the Developer's corner.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Developer%27s_corner#Web_Client

No worries about the English, we get the message across -on our own
way- :)

PS: We'll update the DB dump and attachments for 4.2 next week.

All the best
Luis