health

Re: [Health] How to upgrade from 3.4 to latest GNU Health Embedded

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] How to upgrade from 3.4 to latest GNU Health Embedded
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:51:46 +0100

Hello Ronald

Am Sonntag, 24. November 2019, 17:45:03 CET schrieb ronald munjoma:

> I will be very grateful if you point me where to find clear instructions on

> how to upgrade GNU Health 3.4 to the latest version. I have just

> downloaded and installed GNU Health Embedded on a Raspberry Pi.

In addition to what Luis wrote - where did you download it.

I just found that the link in

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Embedded

pointing to

http://health.gnu.org/embedded

gives a 404 error.

> I have navigated to /usr/shares/packages/gnuhealth

In an installation from openSUSE packages, this directory is not used....

> in the upgrades folder there is only up to 3.4

> trying to run gnuhealth-control upgrade is throwing an unrecognized command

> error

What is the error message?

> Alternatively is there an updated Raspberry image?

Not from my end yet, sorry.

Please note that Leap 15.1 will not receive an update to GNU Health 3.6 via the update repository. Focus of Leap is on stability, so an upgrade of a major release may bring unexpected side effects.

But you can update a Leap 15.1 system as follows:

1) Include the GNU Health 3.6 repo for the Raspi:

zypper ar -f https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/ERP:/GNUHealth:/3.6/openSUSE_Leap_15.1_ARM gh36

2) update repositories

zypper ref

3) update GNU Health

zypper dup --from gh36

Follow the upgrade instructions in /usr/share/doc/packages/gnuhealth/upgrade

HTH

Axel