health

Re: [Health] Problems with installation

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Problems with installation
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 17:42:17 +0200

Dear Humberto,

Am Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 15:26:22 CEST schrieb Humberto Freitas:
> Hello Axel, thanks for your response.

Welcome.....

> > Dont know which repos you are using, but trytond 4.6 is for python 3
>
> The repos I’m using are the official ones located at
> https://downloads.tryton.org/4.6/ <https://downloads.tryton.org/4.6/>

OK
If I hear 'repository' I always think about something that I can include in my
package manager to get precompiled binaries :-)

> > Sounds like you did a vanilla installation, and during this the use of
> > python 2 and 3 got mixed up. Did you check that you had the right pip
> > version for python 3 used?
>
> I was installing GH in a virtual environment with pyenv, and apparently it
> didn’t go so well. After investigating the messages coming from executing $
> ./gnuhealth-setup install, I could notice several messages saying pyenv:
> 2to3: command not found
>
> The `2to3' command exists in these Python versions:
>   3.7.3

Yes, 2to3 is used if not all code is completely Python3

> So I think that the issue is with pyenv. Because the setup cannot find the
> command 2to3, so it cannot convert Tryton 4.6 from python2 to python3.
>
> I could install GH without pyenv though. However, for testing and
> demonstration cases I would like to be able to install GH with pyenv.

I guess your assumption is right, you virtual python environment is obviously
not using python3. Maybe it is easiest to start from scratch with a new pyenv?

Cheers
Axel