health

Re: [Health] (Solved) Problems installing GNU Health on Trisquel 8

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health] (Solved) Problems installing GNU Health on Trisquel 8
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 17:40:09 +0200

* Ricardo Morte Ferrer: " [Health] (Solved) Problems installing GNU Health on
  Trisquel 8" (Thu, 11 Jul 2019 21:08:14 +0200):

> Hi all,
>
> with help from the Trisquel users forum I have installed GNU Health this
> way:
>
> $ wget https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-client-3.4.4.tar.gz
> $ tar xf gnuhealth-client-3.4.4.tar.gz
> $ cd gnuhealth-client-3.4.4/
> $ python setup.py build
> $ sudo python setup.py install
>
> After this, I was able to launch the program by running
>
> $ gnuhealth-client
>
> Please, let me know what you think about this.

This is the client, but not the GNU Health system.

Of course you can try the same by downloading
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz
and installing each contained package by calling setup.py. This will still leave
you without some patches applied and probably missing more...

Honestly, I don't understand why you just don't get the pip package from the
relevant Ubuntu archive and save you all this trouble.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6