health

Re: [Health] Python pip problems when trying to install GNU Health on Tr

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Python pip problems when trying to install GNU Health on Trisquel 8
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 21:35:47 +0100

Hi Ricardo

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 17:04:58 +0200
Ricardo Morte Ferrer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install GNU Health in a laptop with Trisquel 8 and
> there seems to be a problem with Python pip, because it is not
> installed on Trisquel (Free Software issue). Is there any
> alternative? Or maybe have I done some mistake? I will keep on
> reading and trying.

Thanks for the mail ! It looks like pip is not part of the standard
Trisquel
(https://trisquel.info/en/forum/pip-python-pip-doesnt-work-trisquel)

I guess you can always install it. All the python packages that GNU
Health uses are Libre, so no worries on that.

PS: You should talk to the Trisquel team, and ask them to include pip.
The argument of not including pip because there might be some non-free
software on pypi, IMHO, is way restrictive.

All the best
Luis