health

Re: [Health] Laboratory stock control

From: Humberto Freitas
Subject: Re: [Health] Laboratory stock control
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 20:25:41 +0100

Hello Axel,

thank you for your response ;)

Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:06:51 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

I feel the first solution is more robust in daily work: Define the lab tests
in that way that you have defined quantities of lab material behind each test,
and then have it backflushed automatically when saving the result.

This will be less error-prone than forcing the users to enter quantities
manually - that is not their first attention when doing the test, so it can
easily be 'forgotten’.

Yeah, I feel that the first solution is the best way as well Axel. However, there is a problem with having a predefined set of quantities of lab material used for each lab test, because there are cases that the same lab test uses a different set of lab material for the physical characteristics of the patient, and the cases are so common.

So that’s why I suggested having a new tab with possibility for the user to have to write all the material used in each lab test, so the lab stock moves can occur.

A different way for a user can identify the material used, can be similar to timesheet module, Timesheet -> Timesheet Lines. It’s so manageable. In the Lab Tests Results window, it could have a tab with lines to identify each material with quantities used to do the lab test.

Any ideas?

Thank you all

Sincerely,

Humberto Freitas