health

Re: [Health] Parties/Patients ID Pictures Storage

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Parties/Patients ID Pictures Storage
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 13:51:10 +0000

Hi Mousa !

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 07:14:40 -0500
address@hidden wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>
> We are looking to implement pictures for patients registrations which
> would help identify patients. Where do they get stored? I see the
> pictures are not treated as "attachments"

Right. It is not an attachment. The person picture is stored in a binary
field ("photo" in the party model), within the database (see
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/datatype-binary.html )

We use the same approach in different scenarios, for example, the
Domiciliary Unit picture, the neonatal information picture or the QR
code.

> I don't see the patients profile pictures stored with attachments in
> the default path /var/lib/tryton/"database name"

Because they are stored in the database, not as attachments

> Do they have a separate destination? I don't see any path for them in
> the config file.  I am able to save/view from the server. I am able to
> view on client but saving cause an error.

In attachments, if you use a non-standard directory for the attach
destination, then you might not have permissions to write on it.

The vanilla (standard) installation method places the attach directory
under /home/gnuhealth and you have write permissions. Check on your
specific installation.

> I am asking for future backing up and restoring when implemented.

For attachments is another story: If you use the standard / vanilla
installation, the directory that holds the attachments is
in /home/gnuhealth/attach as default.

If you backup your system using the command "gnuhealth-control backup",
then both the database and they attach directory (actually it copies
the whole /home/gnuhealth/ directory) are copied.

PS: If you use the GNU Health Camera plugin (see
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Plugins#Installing_the_GNU_Health_Camera
 ),
it allows you to make the photo of the patient directly and save it in
the photo field. It also allows you to take other type of pictures as
attachments.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best
Luis