health

Re: [Health] Multiple List prices for a Product

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Multiple List prices for a Product
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 15:17:59 +0000

Dear Khurram

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 15:36:00 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>

> > Yes. I want to keep the Service Document as the main model linked to
> > financial management / Invoicing. So no need for the Sale module,
> > and we keep it simple.
> >

> Are we targeting some special advantage by having "Health Services" in
> "Health" module? Why don't we use the "Invoices" of "account_invoice"
> module?

The health service document is independent. By this I mean that it
records what has been done to a person in a specific context.

Then you can select the lines you want to invoice, but this is not a
required step.

If you choose to create the invoice, then, the system will generate an
invoice with the selected health services lines, and there you have the
link.

> In fact, I was searching for some module to handle the advances by the
> hospitalized patients. I found a module "account_deposit" which
> handled advances very well. This module added an account type
> "Deposit" to mark the financial accounts and book the advances
> against the patients. Now, when I created an invoice using "Invoices"
> in "Financial", I found a button "Recall Deposit" to find and adjust
> the already deposited amount in the invoice. All accounting entries
> were automatic when the invoice was processed.
>
> Now again, this button "Recall Deposit" does not appear in the
> invoices created using "Health Services".
>
> A point raising in my mind is why we are developing modules in "GNU
> Health" for which similar modules are already there in Tryton? The
> modules in Tryton get enhanced by other installed modules which is a
> great benefit and not available for GNU Health modules.
>

> Similarly, I am unable to understand why Tryton Sale module does not
> have work flow for selling only "services"? It always takes us
> through "create shipment" blah blah work flow even when there is no
> goods being sold?

We try to use the KISS (Keep it Simple and Safe) approach in GNU
Health. That's part of the reason we haven't included the sale module
in the standard distribution. We need a system that is scalable, with
good performance, easy to upgrade, and secure. The more modules you add,
the more complex it becomes, and the more prone to the mentioned issues.

Also, and from a philosophical point of view, I like to think
that in Health Care we provided health services, *not* sale services.

Of course, at the end of the day, you can customize the system and use
other modules in the "local" directory (either standard from Tryton or
non-standard), as long as you know that you will have to deal with
them, for example, when upgrades come, and it can get quite
involved :) .

Bests,
Luis