health

Re: [Health] Question regarding newborns

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Question regarding newborns
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:33:57 +0000

Hi, Martin !
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:17:11 +0700
Martin Sauter <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am currently working on the GNU Health documentation
> (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health).

Thank you. I've been seeing all your contributions, and it's great !
> There it says:
>
> "When creating a newborn in the system, the a new party and patient
> is created automatically."
>
> I tested with GNU Health 2.6 and 2.8, but I can not see how the
> corresponding patient and party records are created AUTOMATICALLY.
> You have to create them MANUALLY before creating the newborn record.
> Am I wrong? Or is this an error in the documentation?

What I mean by "automatically" is that the related party and patients
are linked to the "Baby" field, so, if she/he does not exist, it will
be automatically created (since it's a M2O field).

That happens when you go directly to "newborn".

If you start from the patient form, you can use the relate record
action to create the newborn with the patient/party information.

Hope this helps !

Best,
Luis