health

Re: [Health] Gnuhealth news from Laos

From: Martin Sauter
Subject: Re: [Health] Gnuhealth news from Laos
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:32:01 +0100

Hi Bounmy

This is really good news!

Please let me introduce myself: I'm a member of a Swiss NGO called Swiss Laos Hospital Project (www.swisslaos.ch - Website is in German only). We have partnerships with a dozen hospitals in Laos, with a focus on gynecology, obstetrics and pediatrics plus general medecine. Our founder Dr. Urs Lauper startet the project 15 years ago in the Mother and Child Hospital in Vientiane.

Together with my wife (who is a doctor) I visited Laos in January for the first time. Since I'm no doctor but an IT consultant I tried to learn more about the needs in the IT field. Many of the doctors I spoke to in Vientiane and Muang Kham expressed their interest in a hospital information system. I then did some reasearch and found GNU Health, which made a good impression on me.

So I'm very happy to hear that your pilot in the Centre of Medical Rehabilitation was successful and that the Ministry of Health plans to roll out GNU Health in some mayor hospitals of your country. I would be very much interested to learn more about this project, since we are planning another visit in Phonsavan and Muang Kham next year    .

Best regards
Martin Sauter
address@hidden