health

Re: [Health] Privacy Issues in Gnu Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Privacy Issues in Gnu Health
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:16:39 -0300

Hello Elisa

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Costante, E. <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I hope this is the right place to post my question.

It is :-)

> I work in security and privacy and I am currently developing a solution to
> verify whether users of a system( especially in the e-health) abuse of their
> rights to access data they’re not supposed to see, violating, e.g. the
> patients’ privacy. To make an example, let’s say that using the gnu-health
> platform, a doctor manages to see the lab results of a patient that he is
> not treating, but just for personal interest (e.g. an ex-girlfriend ).

Security and access control policies in GNU Health are country and
institution dependent.

> I see there is some access control in place in gnu-health but this is often
> not sufficient to avoid such situations.
>

> Would be your community interested in the developing of a module able to
> detect such situations? My main concern is that I need something like the
> demo database to work with,  but more data is necessary  (5 patients are not
> enough for the techniques I intend to use as machine learning). Do you have
> perhaps a bigger dataset? Would be difficult to make it available?

Sure. We're always looking for volunteers ! Would you like to work on
this area ?
You can generate a larger dataset, and work on security aspects (both
internal and external). This would be great.

Besides access control, we should have digital signature and
encryption in the upcoming GNU Health 1.8.x .

PS. Please subscribe to the list, so you can see the messages and
yours get to the list.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon