health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] access database on own domain name via gnu health clien

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] access database on own domain name via gnu health client
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:10:11 +0200

H,

Am Montag, 13. April 2020, 20:26:24 CEST schrieben Sie:

Archives of health@ are here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health/

> > Is the client running on the same machine or a different one?
>
> The client is a local machine, the server is remote
>
> > Check that your server allows incoming connections on port 8000 (firewall
> > settings)
>
> From the local machine, able to access the remote server via ssh, then the
> postgresql command confirms access:
>
> psql -d gnuhealthdatabasename -U gnuhealthdatabasename -W

That you can access the machine via ssh and the fact that the database is
running does not mean you can access it on port 8000 *and* that the gnuhealth
server is running.

For the firewall - depending on the operating system - you need to open the
port 8000. In case you use firewalld by
su
firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=8000/udp
firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=8000/tcp
firewall-cmd --reload

(or via your system management tool, e.g. YaST)

systemctl status gnuhealth
should tell you if your server is running

alternative...
telnet localhost 8000
from your server should tell you as well.

> So far, have tried the following options in the GNU health client dialogue
> window:
>
> my.ip.address
> my.ip.address:8000
> my.ip.address:5432