health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Poll: GNU Health Packets

From: Dr. Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Poll: GNU Health Packets
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 08:29:48 +0100

Good morning ,

Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 06:59:36 CET schrieb Adolfina Bory Palobo
via Health-dev:

> Before voting I would like to ask:
>
> Is this question relating to SUSE packaging only?

Generally speaking no, but in the end it is up to each package maintainer how
to best integrate it into the target system

> Are these alternatives mutually exclusive - meaning whichever loses the
> poll will be dropped?

Personally - I think so.That would be even more confusing to have the same
software twice in different packages.....

> Another issue is that there is always a security risk in installing
> software (modules) that is "unused" because it may ## become ## used by
> hackers - so a small convenience breeds a potential insecurity. We all
> agree that in the health domain, security must be an important concern,
> possibly an overriding concern. I believe the convenience is not worth
> it. (So you already know which way I will vote :-)

In general you are right, and it is great that you focus on security! In fact
for a GNU Health module I do not see that risk....

Cheers
Axel

--
Meet GNU Health at FOSDEM 2020, 01.-02.02.2020 in Brussels/BE
http://fosdem.org