health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:37:48 +0100

* Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window" (Thu, 11
  Jan 2018 14:05:54 +0000):

Hi Luis,

> Hi there
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:15:38 +0100
> Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > * Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log
> > window" (Tue, 9 Jan 2018 12:50:59 +0000):
> >
> > > Hi Axel !

> > > True :) We could make it pop when the broadcast msg arrives, or make
> > > some signal on the main window border.
> > >
> > > In addition, we also have an statusbar at the bottom of the main
> > > client, which will show the latest relevant messages.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the feedback !
> > >
> > > Bests
> > > Luis

> > JFTR: are you aware that a likewise functionality already existed? It
> > was removed in 3.0.
> >
> > Pointer:
> > https://github.com/tryton/tryton/commit/bdd8f738d207e88144f5f93e2a658755847168fe
> >

> I'm not sure to what functionality you're referring (broadcast,
> statusbar, internal messages ? )

Internal messages and broadcasts are related topics for me. I just wanted to
point at some implementation code that existed already.

> What they did was to remove the requests and use an URL entry (which
> they have also removed it in 4.6... ) in the statusbar area.
>
> The Activity log has nothing to do with the requests, and the latest
> relevant message is not a request.
>
> BTW, in my opinion, the internal requests was a great feature, that came
> from tinyerp and that it should never should be removed from Tryton,
> and that I am all for to get it back.

I don't know how much it was used, but some of our customers could make use of
it definitely.

> Broadcasts are also different that internal messages / requests. They
> should just do that, broadcasting, and they go in the new activity log
> window.

If somehow possible I would try to find a generic solution allowing to do
broadcasts and messages/requests. But re-reading shows me that what you are
calling activity log for me simply are status messages and thus should just go
to the status bar.

Best,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6